Hello!

I am a statistics graduate student and a new user of R. I am using nlm function to get
estimates from a nonlinear function. I am running a simulation program. When I run the
simulation with same set of starting vales then one third of the time I get bad
results and I also noticed that I get good results corresponding to convergence code
"2". So my question is that is there any way that I can make sure that everytime I use
the nlm function, I can achieve the right convergence ie. successive iterates within
tolerance, current iterate is probably solution (code=2).
any help in this regard will be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Lovely Goyal
Graduate Student
Department of Statistics