Hello,

I am a new user or R, and am so far very impressed with its capabilities.
However, I have no programming experience, and am having some issues in
trying to tell the software what I want done.  There are basically two
issues which I am currently grappling with.  The first, I have a data
matrix, with two factors and dozens of response variables.  I am interested
on conducting ANOVAs on each of the variables individually (in addition to
doing multivariate analyses).  I have been trying to get the AOV function to
recognized a list of variables, but always receive error messages.  I am
sure there is a way to do this, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
Suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Secondly, I am trying to convert the raw dataset into a normalized dataset,
with each data point normalized to its column mean.  I have tried dividing
the dataset by the list generated using the colMeans function, but the
results of this procedure generate the correct values for some columns and
not others.

I am sure that these are very basic questions which arise from my poor
understanding of the language.  Any insight is appreciated.

Corey