Since both of the packages you mention are part of Bioconductor, you
would do well to re-post in the correct list
([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> "Saroj Mohapatra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 07/13/04 01:51PM >>>
Dear friends

I have recently migrated to R (8.0) for analysis of microarray data. I
am doing a loess (print-tip, perhaps scaled) normalization. I find
that
there are 2 options to do this: using normalizeWithinArrays (Limma)
and
stat.ma(sma). I find the objects returned by the two functions are
different, however the M and A values seem to be the same. Is one
function preferable over the other? Any feedback regarding this would
be
appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Saroj

Saroj K Mohapatra, MD
Research Associate
Karmanos Cancer Institute
Wayne State University School of Medicine
110 E. Warren, Room 311
Detroit MI 48201
313-833-0715 x2424
[EMAIL PROTECTED]