[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello,

can anyone tell me if R has any special function for simulating the structure of human populations? Something like the genetic algorithm?
I need to simulate a sample of a population with a specific structure. Is there something on R that can help me?

Please be more specific, what you want: What type of model or which state variables do you want to simulate? Differential equations, age stucture (Leslie matrix model) discrete event simulations of stochastic subsamples (individuals) ...

BTW genetic algorithms are commonly used to solve optimization problems and (at least in most cases) not for population models.

Thomas P.