R-Users,
Does anyone know if there is a package or code somewhere in R that provides a measure of the maximum difference between 2 distributions defined on a common space? I think it is called variational distance? I have constructed several marginal distribution plots (proportion/sample where I defined bin-widths) showing the difference between 2 treatments and I have been trying to get a measure of the difference in area between the curves.

I tried searches using "variational distance" on the R website and CRAN with no luck.

TIA,

Bret Collier
Univ. Arkansas