The R version I am using is 1.9.1 . My operating system is windows. gregmisc is installed in only one of the
libraries. gregmisc when unzipped gets installed as gtools. After I looked at the index .html page I guess gtools is gregmisc so I am
not sure why it is not happy. I can only include it by library(gtools) and not library(gregmisc) since is installed as gtools.
No library with the name gregmisc gets installed when I install it using install.packages(gregmisc).
Am I missing something here ??
Thanks../Murli

Uwe Ligges wrote:

T. Murlidharan Nair wrote:

It still gives me the same error !!

OK, what is your version of R, which OS, which library paths have you set, and is gregmisc installed in more than one of the libraries?
What does "it unzipped to gtools" in your former mail mean (in particular: What is gtools?)?

Uwe Ligges

Murli

Uwe Ligges wrote:

T. Murlidharan Nair wrote:

I am using the hier.part package for calculating the goodness of fit. Before I started with
my data I tried to use the example that the package comes with . I have loaded the library
hier.part and gtools. But the package gives the following error

Warning messages:
1: There is no package called 'gregmisc' in: library(package, character.only = TRUE, logical = TRUE, warn.conflicts = warn.conflicts, 2: There is no package called 'gregmisc' in: library(package, character.only = TRUE, logical = TRUE, warn.conflicts = warn.conflicts,
I searched for gregmisc package but it unzipped to gtools. Is there something other package with this name or has it been merged
with another one ?

What about installing the most recent version of gregmisc?

install.packages("gregmisc")

Uwe Ligges

Thanks../ Murli