WAYNE KING wrote:

Hi all, I checked the archive and didn't see an anser to this. I updated to Suse 9.2 with kde 3.3 and the installed version of R (from the suse 9.1) rpms came up with the following failed dependencies (after querying the rpm) error: Failed dependencies: libg2c.so.0 is needed by R-base-patched1.9.0-1 libreadline.so.4 is needed by R-base-patched1.9.0-1 My question is: 1.) can I just compile from the tar ball,

Yes.

or will the same missing lib files be a problem.

No.

> In other words, is it just a rpm problem.

Yes, in a way.

Uwe Ligges

2.) If compiling from the source will not help, can I add these files somehow, or will suse 9.2 rpms be kindly added soon by some very nice person?

thank you, wayne