Have you considered "cumsum(exp(-polynomial))"?

Consider for example the following:

library(polynom)
b. <- polynomial(1:5)

x <- seq(-2, 2, length=101)
b.p <- predict(b., x)

plot(x, b.p)
plot(x, exp(-b.p))

cdf <- cumsum(exp(-b.p))
plot(cdf/cdf[101])
hope this helps. spencer graves

Yong Wang wrote:

Dear all
using the orthogonal polymial on a set of data, I get an approximate density
which basically is in the form: exp(-polynomial),
as you know, the parameters are the converged coeeficients.
obviously, It is hard, if not impossible, to use the inverse CDF method to get
a sample and then plot density. then how can I plot the approximated density in
order to have a graphical comparision with the real data's histogram.

any hint is appreciated

thanks

Spencer Graves, PhD, Senior Development Engineer
O:  (408)938-4420;  mobile:  (408)655-4567