Hello,

I have run across the following problem:

Creating PDF files manually by using

pdf(version='1.4')

I can make graphs using the new transparency feature of R2.0. If, however, I try to create the same graphs with Sweave, all transparent stuff is gone. This os likely due to the default version parameter in in pdf().

How can I tell Sweave to use the newer PDF version? The parameter seems to be hard-coded (not via some option) and I could not come up with some kind of hook ...

Thank you

  Benno

PS: Sorry for re-posting, yesterday I seem to have relied to another posting which may have buried mine in some readers