>Message: 35
>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:49:45 -0800 (PST)
> From: gauri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: [R] R help
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>Hi,
>I was wondering as to how I could convert SPSS data imported to R into tabular
>form. In the sense, direct usage of read.table( ) doesnt help.
>
>Thanks

Hi Gauri:

There are several ways of doing that. Easiest in my opinion is to save the SPSS
data into "txt", or "csv" file and read it directly into R using read.table()
function to read the txt or csv data. See ?read.table for more information, or
read the data input output section of the user manual. The second way is to use
library(foreign) and then read the data directly using read.spss. For more
information, do library(foreign) and then ?read.spss

Hope this helps,
Arin Basu