In which case, be aware that R's round() function rounds to the nearest even number when the fraction is 0.5:

round(c(1.5,2.5))
[1] 2 2

which might not be desirable for times. Consider floor() or trunc() instead.

floor(c(1.5,2.5))
[1] 1 2
trunc(c(1.5,2.5))
[1] 1 2

At 9:48 PM +0000 11/22/04, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
Yasser El-Zein <abu3ammar <at> gmail.com> writes:

>From the document it is apparent to me that I need as.POSIXct (I have a double representing the number of millis since 1/1/1970 and I need to construct a datetime object). I see it showing how to construct the time object from a string representing the time but now fro a double of millis. Does anyone know hoe to do that?

If by millis you mean milliseconds (i.e. one thousandths of a second) then POSIXct does not support that resolution, but if rounding to seconds is ok then

  structure(round(x/1000), class = c("POSIXt", "POSIXct"))

should give it to you assuming x is the number of milliseconds.