At 11/23/2004 11:45 AM Tuesday, Patrick Burns wrote:

...There could be an index builder that accepts a search phrase and
the function or package that is the successful answer to the search.
If this were open, then R users could contribute to the index who
don't feel qualified to submit code. It could also help diffuse the
frustration of taking too long to find a function by allowing a way
to insure that the exact same thing doesn't happen to others.

[...] No, I'm not volunteering to build the system.

Nor am I, but as one of those users, I would very gladly contribute to it.

-- Michael Prager, Ph.D. Population Dynamics Team, NMFS SE Fisheries Science Center NOAA Center for Coastal Fisheries and Habitat Research Beaufort, North Carolina 28516 http://shrimp.ccfhrb.noaa.gov/~mprager/