Hello, and please excuse this off-topic question, but I have not been
able to find an answer elsewhere.  Consider a value Z that is calculated
using the product (or ratio) of two means X_mean and Y_mean:
Z=X_mean*Y_mean.  More generally, Z=f(X_mean, Y_mean).  The standard
error of Z will be a function of the standard errors of the means of X
and Y.  I want to calculate this se of Z.  Can someone direct me to a
reference (text book or other) that gives the solution to this *general*
problem?

Thanks.

Bill Shipley