I'm very sorry, but I don't understand what you did and what you don't understand. Have you worked through the examples in the "nls" documentation? If you have and still have questions, "PLEASE do read the posting guide! http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html";. In particular, please provide a very brief and simple, self contained example, so someone can copy a few lines from your email and paste it into R to replicate what you got. With that, you will more likely get a useful answer.

hope this helps. spencer graves

Jagarlamudi, Choudary wrote:

Hi all,
I'm trying to customize the nls function code to spit out the sd and mean of
the new fit. All it gives me are the fitted values. THis function seems to work
fine for my project otherwise. All i need is the SD and MEAN. Can someone help
me to customise. I frankly did not understand the nls code at all.

I have 10 x and 10 y values from a histogram. I need to use nls to do the best
fit and give me the mean and sd of this new fit.

Thanks in advance

Choudary Jagarlamudi
Instructor
Southwestern Oklahoma State University