On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Uwe Ligges wrote:

To clarify why people might want to embed fonts, I'd like to give an example:

After I submitted my book the first time, the printing house asked me explicitly to embed *all* fonts in graphics, or they would not be able to print from a pdf file (generated from PostScript by certain styles for Adobe Distiller). And sometimes discussions are simply hopeless.....

Agreed. So I got Distiller to embed them. For that you need a valid licence for the font you use for the application you have (in Uwe's and my case, printing a book on someone else's printer).

Let me refer people again to the help file, which does contain all the information required, evne if it has not been read.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]