> seemed successful. Then while attempting to getBioC() I had to force
> quit the R application since I had to attend to something else
> urgently. When i returned and tried to getBioC, I am getting errors

Why not just let it run?

> indicating that there is a lock on some files. So i would like to

The directory will likely be <path-to-R>/library/00LOCK (I say likely
because the '<path-to-R>/library' part could be something else if you
specified an alternate installation directory or your default .libPaths is
different then standard), and removing that directory will solve your
issues.