Hello.
I have what I know to be a simple question, but never having done anything like
this it is
pretty tough.

I'm trying to write an R package. I have a collection of functions that I
loaded into R and
then used package.skeleton(). After editing everything in the resulting folder,
call it
NewPackage, I tried to follow along with some instructions I found for Windows
users.

I installed ActivePearl to the C drive, placed the unzipped Rtools folder,
tools, there also
(is placing it there all that is necessary; I couldn't find anything to
"install" tools), and
I'm using R 2.00 (also installed on the C drive) on a Win-XP machine.

My understaning is that (since I have no C, Fortran, etc., code) I can move the
NewPackage
folder (with all of the edited material) to the C:\r\rw2000\src\library folder
and then open
MS-Dos in C:\r\rw2000\src\gnuwin32 and type: make pkg-NewPackage. After that, a
folder called NewPackage should be placed in the C:\r\rw2000\library and from
there loaded into R and/or zipped and distributed. If everything I have said is
correct (which it may not be) then I'm
stuck. When I type 'make pkg-NewPackage' in the C:\r\rw2000\src\gnuwin32
directory I get
"'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program
or batch file."

I've tried to use "Writing R Extensions," but I could only follow part of what
it was saying
and got confused as to what was done on Windows and what was done on Unix
machines.
I know this is probably an easy question, but it has proved difficult for me to
figure out how
to make my own package.
Thanks, Ken