Thanks for the responses and offer!

Romain, good luck with your exams first of all!

Graphics in R base and R contributed is a good start indeed.

I thought of a wiki as well as it will require less maintenance from the host. Custom html could be powerful, but will require more input from host! With build-in search engines, indexing etc., a wiki environment could provide all functionality for an easy to navigate gallery!

To stimulate development and support of SVG functionality, we might want to offer people the option of submitting graphics in both png and svg!

The work by Jake looks very promising:
http://www.darkridge.com/~jake/RSvg/
The applet works well with the examples!

Cheers,

Sander.

Robert Cunningham wrote:
I too have often though a R-gallery would be useful.

It seems to me that a Wiki-style page with a database backend would be
the best bet.

It also seems to be that the best place to start is a complete image
gallery produced from all the examples in R base, then in packages in
CRAN. In this context the graphicsQC package
(http://www.stat.auckland.ac.nz/~paul/R/graphicsQC_0.4.tar.g) of Paul
Murrell seems useful.

Cheers,

Robert Cunningham

Romain Francois <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hello Sander,

That's a good idea and i am up to it.

Right now i am in an exam period, so it's not really the better time,
give me a couple of weeks and i will come up with a specific format of
R files to submit to me that i could post-process to generate html
documents.
To my mind, those html files should show :

- the plot itself
+ Submitter(s)
       - web page
       - email (eventually protected, I don't know how to do it)
- Bibliographic references
- Required R packages
+ Commentaries
      - in english