Yes, but since the coefficients are not just returned by the coef() function you will need to use the full MIextract/MIcombine approach rather than the shortcut of just using MIcombine() on the list of models.

        -thomas

Shige

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:02:54 -0500, Doran, Harold <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, I may be missing something but why don't you call each dataframe
from within a loop and save the results in a new data frame each time?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Shige Song
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 12:18 PM
To: R-help@stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] Using mutiply imputed data in NLME

Dear All,

I am doing a growth modeling using NLME. I have three levels in my
data: observation, individual, household. About half of my total sample
have missing values in my household-level covariates. Under this
situation, the best way to go is probably to multiply impute the data
(for, say, 5 times), estimate the same model separately on each model
using LME function, and merge the results. My question is: given the
multiply imputed data sets have already been generated, is there a
simple way to automate the process of estimating the mixed model and
merging the results? HLM has similar features...

Thanks!

Best,
Shige

Thomas Lumley Assoc. Professor, Biostatistics [EMAIL PROTECTED] University of Washington, Seattle