Hi, people!  This is my first babble on this list, please be kind! :-)

Last Tuesday, I wrote to the (likely) Webmaster of the R site to report
a little problem, but also to ask for advice about how to get a bulk
copy of the mailing list archives, from 2002 to now.

While I quite understand that from Tuesday to now, there has been little
time, and it is only normal that I did not receive a reply yet, I dare
re-submitting the same question (message appended below) to this list,
in hope someone will reply sooner.  I see some bits of free time, this
week-end, and would like using them, if possible, at the tedious work of
getting those archives, so it sooner gets behind me, instead of ahead...

                          Thanks to all.  Enjoy the spring! :-)

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca
--- Begin Message ---

The page `http://www.r-project.org' gives your name as a contact.

The link `http://www.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html', near the end of
the page, labelled `Frequently Asked Questions', does not resolve, giving:

    Not Found
    The requested URL /doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html was not found on this server.

    Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.r-project.org Port 80

I would like to get hold on a copy of R mailing lists archives, for
local, off-line, progressive perusal (I find Web-based browsing of
email extremely inefficient).  So, I recursively got archives from
`ftp://ftp.stat.math.ethz.ch/Mail-archives/'.  The format used in these
files is quite usable locally.  However, the problem is that these
archives do not go beyond 2002.  (Maybe the `http://www.r-project.org'
Web page should mention this.)

Would you be kind enough to advise me with a (simple) way by which I
would get in bulk all R archives from 2003 up to now?  The simplest
format, the better, of course, yet I feel ready to locally reformat HTML
if this is the only format you have at your end.

I'm discovering R with a lot of pleasure, and some fear as well :-).
There is in there an wholly impressive amount of work and knowledge.

                                      Thanks, and keep happy!

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca

--- End Message ---