I'm using R 2.0.1 with the Aqua R GUI 1.0 for Mac OS X, and I would like very much to use a firefox browser window for viewing help topics.

options("htmlhelp") = TRUE
options("browser") = "/Applications/Connections/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin"

Java Embedding Plugin 0.9.0 is installed (the Java Embedding Plugin (JavaEmbeddingPlugin.bundle) and the MRJ Plugin JEP (MRJPlugin.plugin), are in the /Library/Internet Plug-Ins folder, and MRJ Plugin's timestamp is more recent than the Java Embedding Plugin's timestamp)

help.start() launches firefox and displays the initial html help page. however, the following error message is displayed:

/Applications/Connections/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin: can't map file: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/MRJPlugin.plugin ((os/kern) invalid argument)

subsequent calls to help in the form ?help.topic do not open html help documentation for help.topic. instead, the documentation is displayed in the internal help browser for the Aqua GUI.

has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?
thanks

Tony