STATISTICIAN / DATA ANALYST

Centocor, an operating company of Johnson & Johnson, seeks a highly
motivated
statistician/data analyst to work in its newly formed Nonclinical Statistics
group. We support innovative science in the discovery and research of
biotechnology therapies, with obligatory emphasis on the application of
modern
statistical approaches.

Primary responsibilities of the position include collaborations with
researchers on experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation.
Development of software, development of statistical methodology, and
co-authorship of publications and presentations are also primary
responsibilities. The position is based in the Valley Forge area northwest
of
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the USA. Extraordinary applicants from
outside
the US are welcome, subject to visa limitations.

The scope of the nonclinical statistics group focuses on needs outside
traditional clinical trials. This includes preclinical in-vivo, in-vitro,
and
in-silico studies, as well as product formulations. We also serve
experimental
medicine needs in clinical pharmacology.

A Ph.D. or Masters in statistics or appropriate data-analytic discipline is
required. Comprehensive understanding of linear models is essential. There
are
unlimited opportunities to successfully apply 'modern' approaches such as
resistance & robustness, good data graphs, resampling, and high-dimension
reduction. Good oral and written skills are crucial, as is the desire to
learn
enough of the relevant science to interact effectively. Excellent software
skills are also essential. Facility in the S language, preferably R, is
expected.

A successful candidate must be constantly eager to expand their
statistical, communications, and computing expertise. S/he must also be
enjoy
the process of building long-term collaborative relationships, be at ease
with
either non-rigid or rigid structure to projects, and be professional in
handling numerous projects simultaneously.

Centocor R&D is a culture of passionate professionals. From top-on-down in
the
organization, statisticians are highly-valued partners for their
contributions
to scientific and business objectives. The innovative spirit of our
biotechnology company is backed by the trust of our parent company Johnson &
Johnson (http://www.jnj.com/our_company/), a worldwide leader in health
products and services. Centocor is in a healthy stage of growth, and the
commitment to a dedicated, expanding nonclinical statistics group is strong.

We are located in the Valley Forge area of Pennsylvania, USA, approximately
25
miles northwest of Philadelphia. If you believe your interests and
background
match the above description then please mail your CV or resume and a cover
letter to

ATTENTION: Open Position
Bill Pikounis
Nonclinical Statistics
200 Great Valley Parkway, MailStop C-4-1
Malvern, PA 19355

or submit it electronically by reply to this message.

Thank you very much,
Bill
Bill Pikounis, PhD

Nonclinical Statistics