Hi

Sander Oom wrote:
Dear R users,

I would like to use sub- and super-script in axis labels. I assume this is best done using Hershey symbols. When trying to find information on using Hershey font symbols in axis labels, I came across the following discussion thread:

http://maths.newcastle.edu.au/~rking/R/help/02a/1857.html

Have Hershey font implementations moved on since then?

There hasn't been a lot of movement (it's not an oft-used feature), but things should be a bit better (though, e.g., may still be missing from title()).

But the real answer is that you should use "plotmath" features (not Hershey fonts) for sub- or super-scripting. See ?plotmath

Paul
--
Dr Paul Murrell
Department of Statistics