Hi, Laura:

Have you considered "regsubsets" in library(leaps)? Also, have you done an R site search "www.r-project.org" -> search -> "R site search" for something like "all subsets regression"?

Consistent with Frank Harrell's comment, comments, I suggest you randomly permute your response variable a hundred or a thousand times and count how many times the procedure finds a non-null model. This might help you calibrate the procedure. The archives include an email from Frank Harrell citing two relevant articles.

          Hope this helps.
          spencer graves

Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:

Laura Holt wrote:

Hi again!

I have a data.frame with the columns y, x1, x2, x3.

I would like to fit linear models with one variable at a time,
then 2 variables at a time, and then 3.

Makes me think of a power set.

Makes me think of irreproducible results if you use the output to select a single model :-)

Frank Harrell

Anyhow, is there a function to produce the right hand side of the formulas, please?

thanks,
Laura Holt
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
R Version 2.1.0 Windows