Frank E Harrell Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Nelson, Gary (FWE) wrote:
> > I have the latest version of foreign, but it still doesn't work.  I
> > quickly tried the Hmisc package, but the same issue arose.  I will delve
> > into the Hmisc package further.
>
> This is disappointing as we rely on read.xport quite a bit.

Indeed. Can SAS read everyhting in the XPORT lib? If so, what can we
do to figure out what goes wrong in read.xport. Can you paraphrase the
situation using simulated data and put the file somewhere?

<snippage>

   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Ă˜ster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B
~~~~~~~~~~ - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])                  FAX: (+45) 35327907