Marc Schwartz (via MN) wrote:

> I don't believe so. In general, under Unix/Linux, the Window Manager
> determines window positioning upon startup unless the application
> overrides this behavior. Some applications let you specify application
> window positioning via command line 'geometry' arguments or via the use
> of an .Xresources file.

  Splus used to have extensive control of the graphics window via X
resources - here's a chunk from an old Xresources file of mine:

splus*background:       blue
splus*Canvas.height:    632
splus*Canvas.width:     800
splus*Command*background:       red
splus*Command*foreground:       cyan
splus*Label*background: cyan
splus*Label*foreground: red
splus*Text*background:  #a0f
splus*Text*foreground:  yellow
splus*colors:   white black white 54 black

  - and so on and so forth. Sadly I dont think such customisation is
coded into R's X11 graphics window. Looking at the code there is no sign
of it playing with X11's resource database. Shame.

Baz