Hi dears,

I expect that Mr Thomas Lumley will read this message.
I have data from a complexe stratified survey. The population is divide in 12
regions and a region consist to and urban area and rural one. there to region
just with urbain area.

stratification variable is a combinaison of region and area type (urban/rural)

In rural area, subdivision are sample with probabilties proporionnal to size in
population then enuration area are sample in selected division and finally
households are selected in those EA.

In urban area, EA are directly selected and finally household are selected.
to schematise we have:

(12 regions)
     each region is divised in two regions / Urbain and rural. this are strata
           in Rural : PSU are subdivision , SSU are EA and TSU are households
           in Urban : PSU are EA , SSU are households.

I use svydesign function as follow :
esi<-svydesign(id=~subdiv+EA+HHID,strata=~REGION+AREATYP,fpc=~FPC1+FPC2FPC3,weig=~pw,nest=T)
FPC1: number of subdivision in each strata
FPC2: number of EA in each subdivision
FPC3: number of HH in each EA.
pw : sampling weights

but I have this error message : erron in data.frame(strata, 1:i,...) I dont
understand why !
Can someone help me ?

Sincerly.