It might be hard to differentiate between each color with having 255 of
them.  Here is an example of using ColorRampPalette to create a set of
colors.  You can experiment with as many differing ones as you want to to
get the difference that you want:

# use 5 colors to create a sequence (you can add more colors if you want to)
f.c <- colorRampPalette(c('red','green','orange','blue','yellow'))(255)
plot(0,type='n', ylim=c(0,255), xlim=c(0,1))
for (i in 1:255) segments(0, i, 1, i, col=f.c[i])

On 12/27/05, Vincent Deng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your kindly reply.
> I think maybe I didn't specify color codes properly. That is,the
> difference between each color is not sharp enough for me to identify
> them as different colors.
>
> So can you tell me about how to specify the color properly so that the
> difference among each color can be identified clearly?
>
> Thanks again and again ...
>
> On 12/27/05, Uwe Ligges <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Vincent Deng wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Uwe,
> > >
> > > Sorry, I did not describe my question clearly. I created a matrix to
> > > store color code using rgb function.
> > >
> > > abc = rgb(6:36,0,0,maxColorValue = 255)
> > >
> > > And after running codes like this
> > >
> > > for (i in c(1:20))
> > > {
> > >    points(...,...,col=abc[i])
> > >    lines(...,col=abc[i])
> > > }
> > >
> > > R still used 8 colors of abc color codes repeatedly to draw the
> diagram
> > >
> > > Any helps?
> >

> > No, it does not (in fact, all appears to be more or less black on my
> > screen ;-)). Another example:
> >
> > plot(1:255, col=rgb(1:255,0,0,maxColorValue = 255))
> >
> > Uwe Ligges
> >

> > > Best Regards...

> anyone

> and
> colors

> the

Jim Holtman
Cincinnati, OH
+1 513 247 0281

What the problem you are trying to solve?