I think I did enough reading on my
Own about startup ( part of the morning
And most of this afternoon )
to not feel uncomfortable asking
for confirmation of my understanding of this startup stuff.

Obviously, the startup process is more complicated
Than below but, for my R newbie purposes,
It seems like I can think of the startup process as follows :

Suppose my  home directory = "c:documents and settings/mleeds" = $HOME.

Put things in $HOME/.Rprofile that are more generic on startup and not
specific to any
particular R project.

Put various .First() functions in the working directories of the
particular projects that
they are associated with so that they loaded in when their .RData
directory gets loaded.

If above is correct  ( emphasis on correct for a newbie. I know there is
a lot more going on
And things can be done more elegantly etc ),
Could someone send me an example of a .Rprofile file. I didn't use these
in S+ and
I am wondering what you put in them ?

                                                                Thanks