I would like to apply network measures (such as betweenness centrality,
upper boundedness, etc.) to a weighted graph with non-integer weights,
defined by a euclidean distance matrix.  The package sna provides the
measures that I want to use, but seems only to operate on binary graphs.
I have read work by Mark Newman
(http://aps.arxiv.org/abs/cond-mat/0407503/), who suggests that a
weighted graph can be transformed into an unweighted multigraph, to
which such measures can be applied.  It seems that the package giRaph
contains a function to handle multigraphs, but there is no example in
the manual to show how it is used.  I am also not sure whether this
multigraph structure can be used as input into the relevant functions in
the sna package.  Can anyone advise?

Many thanks,
Andrew Wilson