I encounter a statistic problem about correlation.
      I use R to test wether two variables are correlated or not.

      (pearson correlation)
      cor.test(x,y) give a p=5.87....

      Because the x, y is not normal distributed (qqplot indicate that) I
also perform
      (spearman rank correlation)
      cor.test(x,y,method="spearman") give a very significant result p<10e-4

      I don't know how to explain this. Will this result tell us that x, y
are correlated but not a linear one, and we can't
      use the coefficient estimated by spearman rank correlation because its
interpretation is not quite clear.