Hi

I am struggling with the correct code syntax to generate xyplots that are
different from the default graphics option.

This is simplified version of my data:

site    size    dnaconc prey
A       44      22.6            1
A       47      18.2            1
B       38      25.6            0
B       47      20.5            1
C       45      30.5            0
C       32      18.5            0
D       45      15.0            1
D       22      20.1            0

So I am using xyplot(dnaconc~size|site,data=bug,groups=prey) to generate
4 panels (one for each site).

My questions are:

(1) How do I display different groups(ie prey) within each panel with
different symbols (e.g. pch 19 and 24)

(2) How do I draw a key that displays the same symbols as specified in
the panels?

(3)  how do I resize the key border at the top and bottom to properly
include key text?

(4) How do I include some space between the panels? (I have tried using
the argument "between" but cannot seem to get it to work).

(5) How do I change the device setting to postscript? (I have tried using
the argument par.setting=list(theme='postscript').

Cheers
Abe

Abraham Passmore
PhD student
Institute of Antarctic and Southern Oceans Studies (IASOS)
University of Tasmania
Australia