Hi All,

I need a basic help from you. I've built a function like this,

windowlength<-function(x)
{
z <- rep(seq(0,331,by=x-1)+1, each=2)
zz <- z[-c(1,length(z))]
ind <- as.data.frame(matrix(zz, nr=2))
j<-lapply(ind, function(x) mat[x[1]:x[2],])
cat("For",x/4,"month number of windows is = ",length(ind),"\n")
}
windowlength(x=12)

I need to know how can i give command in "R" so that instead of giving the last
line, i.e "R" will ask the user to give the value of x? I mean to say,
1) It will ask user "Give the value of x"
2) Then user inputs 12, and R gives the ultimate result.

Thanks,
Sumanta Basak.