Data: Tue, 30 May 2006 16:08:26 -0300 (ART)
De: Milton Cezar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Assunto: R: Piecewise (broken stick) models in R && Stats for groups
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  Chris Barker and everyone

  Thanks for your fast replay.
  Regarding the descreptive Stats, I can compute it for the full dataset, but I
can´t comput it for groups of that.
  I used mean ( Rainfall [year==1980] ) without problem. But how can I get the
mean Rainfall for Year==1980 AND Site=1; Year=1980 AND Site=2 etc.

  Regarding my question for Pieacewise Regression model It can really be done
with liner models functions. In fact, the results are a set of models that work
bether in different range of an X variable (for  X varying 0 to 0.15 use
model_1; for 0.16 to 0.46 use model_2... for X>0,47 use model_3 etc.

  Sorry for my broken english,

  Regards a lot,
  Miltinho