Hi,

I want to use Maximum likelihood to estimate the parameters from my regression
line.
I have purchased the book "Applied linear statistical models" from Neter,
Kutner, nachtsheim & Wasserman, and in one of the first chapters, they use
maximum likelihood to estimate the parameters.
Now I want to tried it for my self, but couldn't find the right function.
In the book, they give a fixed variance to work with, but I couldn't find a
function where I can estimate the predictor and where I have to give the
variance.
Or isn't this neccesairy?
Also they calculate likelihood values for the different values, used to
estimate the parameters (like a normal probability curve), is it possible to do
this with R?

Kind regards

Bart