Dear all,

is there existing code to fit a ordinal regression model with probit link where
the variance can be modeled? For example, the polr function from the MASS
package fits:

probitP(Y <= k | x) = zeta_k - eta

Instead of,

probitP(Y <= k | x) = (zeta_k - eta)/scale, where scale = exp(b*z)

which is what I need.

I've seen these models go by the name of heteroskedastic ordered probit,
location-scale glms, generalized nonlinear models, ... .  I know the package
gnlm (Jim Lindsey) has a function to fit this model using the logit link, so
I'm wondering if this is already done in R using probit instead.

Thanks.

Regina