Dear All,

I wrote a program and there is a loop. At each iteration I use maximum
likelihood factor analysis (?factanal). Output of factor analysis I use
later (in this loop). Unfortunately from time to time I get an error message
(I paste it below) and everything is stopped. Is it possible to write a
condition that if error appears in factor analysis (FA), change input data
for FA and do it again? Example

for (i in 1:1000){

FA<-factanal(data,factor=3)

If error appears change data to data2 and do factor analysis again

#rest of the program

}

Best,

Robert

Error in optim(start, FAfn, FAgr, method = "L-BFGS-B", lower = lower,  :

        L-BFGS-B needs finite values of 'fn'

In addition: Warning message:

NaNs produced in: log(x)