Hello,
I am trying to run a makeConstrasts() function to compute eBayes t-
test with the following design list (six hybridizations and three
samples -in duplicates):
        A   B    C
1          1   0    0
2         1   0    0
3         0   1    0
4         0   1    0
5        0   0    1
6        0   0    1

I would like to compare sample "B-C", so when I run:
 >contrasts.matrix<-makeContrasts(B-C, levels=design)
it works great!

However, I have B and C stored in as 'member' (e.g. member[1] = B,
member[2] = C).
So, when I try to run:
member1<-member[1]
member2<-member[2]
 >contrasts.matrix<-makeContrasts(member1-member2, levels=design)

  I get a following error message:
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : object "member1" not found

Can you please help me how I can directly compare the content of the
'member' in makeContrasts() function?
Thank you,
Jay