Dear List,

I'm looking for some informations about the function "tkinsert()".
I d'like to write lot of command in my text window and after  to evaluate it
with a button "Submit" for example, but i have some problems:

here a exemple of my code:
1) My first problem

tt=tktoplevel()
txt=tktext(tt,height=40)
tkpack(txt)

var1=paste("x=2")
tkinsert(txt,"0.0",var1)

var2=paste("a=mean(c(1,2,3))")
tkinsert(txt,"end",var2)

But in my text window I have :

x=2a=mean(c(1,2,3))

I d'like to have something like:
x=2
a=mean(c(1,2,3))

2)My second problem,

I use the run function that i have found in R TCLTK example Evaluating R Code
From A Text Window in R TclTk:
  run <- function() {
  code <- tclvalue(tkget(txt,"0.0","end"))
  e <- try(parse(text=code))
  if (inherits(e, "try-error")) {
    tkmessageBox(message="Syntax error",
                 icon="error")
    return()
   }
   cat("Executing from script window:",
      "-----", code, "result:", sep="\n")
   print(eval(e))
}
topMenu <- tkmenu(tt)
tkconfigure(tt, menu=topMenu)
fileMenu <- tkmenu(topMenu, tearoff=FALSE)
tkadd(topMenu, "command", label="Run",
      command=run)
But when I run a=mean(c(1,2,3)) I have the result on my R console but i can't
access to the result.
If i write a, R don't know "a".

Thanks a lot,
and so sorry for my poor english, i hope you understand my problems...

Julie.

Cet été, pensez aux cartes postales de laposte.net !