However, if you know the point(s) of truncation then you should be able to
work your way back. Look for the mean and variance of a truncated normal, it
will involve mu, sigma and c (point of truncation). You will need to solve
for mu and sigma from two equation. For example look at the wikipedia page
on normal distribution, it has the mean of a truncated normal distribution.
Many standard statistics books should have the rest of the information.

On 9/12/06, Berton Gunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > But my question is a bit different. What I know is the mean
> > and sd after truncation. If I assume the distribution is
> > normal, how I am gonna develope the original distribution
> > using this two parameters?
>
> You can't, as they are plainly not sufficient (you need to know the amount
> of truncation also). If you have only the mean and sd and neither the
> actual
> data nor the truncation point you're through.
>
> -- Bert Gunter
> Genentech
>

> Could anybody give me some advice?
> > Thanks in advance!