Hi R-Users,
I have plotted a region whose polygon coordinates are given in shp format  ED50
UTM (zone=30) ) using  "readShapePoly" in library(maptools).

Now I need to plot a set of points in that region (my.dataframe, with X and Y
geographic coordinates), which have been read using GPS in Longitud-Latitud
form (using WGS84 system), so I first need to convert these Longitud-Latitud
data into UTM data. To do so, I use package PBSmapping:

attr(my.dataframe,  "projection") <-"LL"
attr(my.dataframe, "zone") <- 30
my.dataframe<-as.PolySet(my.dataframe)
my.dataframeUL<-convUL(my.dataframe)

obtaining the UTM coordinates. But when I plot them in the polygon region,
points seem to be badly located.
I suspect it is due to the ED50 UTM of the polygon versus WGS84 coordenates of
the points. If this is the problem, is there a way to convert them into the
same format? It it is not the problem, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Berta.