Hi,

I looked up the help file on sample(), but didn't find the info I was
looking for.

When sample() is used to resample from a distribution, e.g., bootstrap, how
does it do it? Does it use an uniform distribution, e.g., runif(), or
something else? And, when the help file says:"sample(x) generates a random
permutation of the elements of x (or 1:x)", would I be correct if I
translate the statement as follows: it means that the order of
sequence, which was generated from a uniform distribution, would look like a
random normal distribution.

Thanks,

Tom