Gabor Grothendieck schrieb:
> You are using two different x's and one has nothing to do with the other.
> All of your examples are simply internally inconsistent so there is no
> reason to think they would work.
Sorry Gabor, I am getting more and more confused about the problem..
but I think I have found my point of mistake:
    range(x <- c(0,m)) #50 minutes
    range(y <- c(0,10))
    plot(x,y, type="n",adj=0, asp=0, xlab="", ylab="",axes=FALSE,font.axis=2)
  axis(1, 0:m,font=2) # works fine but not with times
I thought axis(1, 0:m... is nessessary for the valuse in the x- axes.

But what`s the way to get the times into the
range(x <- c(0,m))  code instead c(0,5)

Thank you for your patience,
 Carmen