Hi,

   I am using SAM (from siggenes_1.2.11 package) method to select genes from
a microarray data set. After installing the latest R2.4.0 on my computer, to
my surprise the results are totally different from that calculated using
R2.1.1. Even the example code doesn't work the same way under these two
versions of R. Does anybody know what is going on? Thanks for any
suggestions.

 library(multtest)
 data(golub)
# golub.cl contains the class labels.
  golub.cl
# Perform a SAM analysis for the two class unpaired case assuming
# unequal variances.
  sam.out<-sam(golub,golub.cl,B=100,rand=123)
  sam.out
# Obtain the Delta plots for the default set of Deltas
  plot(sam.out)

Best

Wei Zhao
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Human Genetics and Biostatistics
University of California, Los Angeles
Gonda Neuroscience and Genetics Research Center
695 Charles E. Young Drive South, Box 708822
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7088, USA

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:(310)8251677

IMPORTANT WARNING:  This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the
use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential.  You, the recipient, are
obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner.
Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject
you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the recipient, please
immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your
computer.