Hi
I am an engineer and am running the package mgcv and specifically the
command gamm (generalized additive mixed modelling), with random
effects. i have a few queries:
1. When I run the command with 1000/2000 observations, it runs ok.
However, I would like to see the results as in vis.gam command in the
same package, with the 3-d visuals. It appears no such option is
available for gamm in the manual. I was wondering if someone has used
this before and obtained the plots similar to vis.gam, which I believe
plots the predictions automatically. I have used 'te' command for two
way interaction of the smooth terms, plus some paramteric terms.
2. I am not sure how the gamm results are saved, and if prediction is at
all possible. The documentations talks about gam in detail, but not
gamm.
3. When I use my entire dataset (approx 58000 obs, and, well even with
10000 observations) I am running against memory all the time (it says
cannot allocate a  vector of size 'some number). I used it on a 3GB RAM
machine and I am suspicious if it is something else.
Many thanks in advance,
Zia

Zia Wadud
PhD Student