Hi, Greg:

Just let you know that the beta regression package in R can only work for
data on the open interval (0, 1)

Do you know any good test of mean for beta distribution? How to verify
if the data is beta distributed?

For example, I may want to test the null :

mean <= 0.0000000001

I think your idea of testing zero for nonnegative numbers makes sense. But
it seems to make a null hypothesis on a distribution, not simply mean.

I could be bettered off if I can find a good nonparametric test which does
not assume symmetry or a test for beta distribution if the beta
distribution can be verified.

Many thanks,