Dear Mr. Bengtsson,

I worked on the code you sent. But, I dont think it is responding either.
Kindly verify.

> evaluate(matlab, "pwd=cd();");

Sending expression on the Matlab server to be evaluated...: 'pwd=cd();'
Received an 'MatlabException' reply (-1) from the Matlab server: 'Error:
Expected a variable, function, or constant, found ")".'
Error in list("evaluate(matlab, "pwd=cd();")" = <environment>,
"evaluate.Matlab(matlab, "pwd=cd();")" = <environment>,  :

[2006-12-30 15:08:34] Exception: MatlabException: Error: Expected a variable,
function, or constant, found ")".
  at throw(Exception(...))
  at throw.default("MatlabException: ", lasterr)
  at throw("MatlabException: ", lasterr)
  at readResult.Matlab(this)
  at readResult(this)
  at evaluate.Matlab(matlab, "pwd=cd();")
  at evaluate(matlab, "pwd=cd();")

> pwd <- getVariable(matlab, "pwd")$pwd;

Retrieving variables from the Matlab server: 'pwd'
Sending expression on the Matlab server to be evaluated...: 'variables =
{'pwd'};'
Received an 'OK' reply (0) from the Matlab server.
Evaluated expression on the Matlab server with return code 0.
Asks the Matlab server to send variables via the local file system...
Error in readChar(con = con, nchars = nbrOfBytes) :
        invalid value for 'nchar'

> print(pwd);

Error in print(pwd) : object "pwd" not found

> evaluate(matlab, "files=dir();")

Sending expression on the Matlab server to be evaluated...: 'files=dir();'
Error in readChar(con = con, nchars = nbrOfBytes) :
        invalid value for 'nchar'

Kindly verify and let me know the solution.

Regards,
Bhanu Kalyan K

Bhanu Kalyan K
  BTech CSE Final Year