Dear all,

I got this message, while using the polr function in MASS

>EQ<-as.formula("dep~fpta+tcdv+cdta+cmta+prcd+patc+lactifs+excta")
> Estim<-polr(EQ,don, subset=(cote!=0),method="probit",na.action=na.omit)

Error in polr(EQ, don, subset = (cote != 0), method = "probit", na.action =
na.omit) :
        attempt for find suitable starting values failed
In addition: Warning messages:
1: algorithm did not converge in: glm.fit(X, y1, wt, family =
binomial("probit"), offset = offset)
2: fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred in: glm.fit(X, y1, wt,
family = binomial("probit"), offset = offset)

how can I initialise starting values ?

Justin BEM
Elève Ingénieur Statisticien Economiste
BP 294 Yaoundé.