DearList,

I ‘m trying to draw ONE table that summarize SEVERAL categorical variables
according to one classification variable, say “sex”. The result would look
like several contingency tables appended one to the other. All the variables
belong to a data frame.

The summary.formula in Hmisc package does something pretty close and is
ready for a Latex export  but I need either to get rid off the percentage
(or put the count prior to the percentage )in the “reverse” option or to add
a chisquare test in the “response” method.

The result would look like the one of

> summary(sex~treatment+Symptoms, fun = table, method = “response”)

in the help of  summary.formula but with chisquare tests attached.

Or :

> summary(sex~treatment+Symptoms, fun = table, method = “reverse”, test= T)

 gives all the information, but I can’t use it for its form is not
appropriate.

Is there any package where I could find a solution ? Any way to create a
function that would add a test in the “response” method ?

Otherwise, ftable should help but I don’t know how to use it with a
data.frame.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

David