Hi.  I'm trying to take a data set with two independent and one dependent
variable and enter a x,y value to predict the dependent with a nonparametric
technique.  I've been using interpp in the akima package, (windows xp, R
2.4.1), but get values that are orders of magnitude off when the predictors
are slightly out of the range of the data set.  Can you recommend a function
for me?  I've read that predict.loess has the same problem or just lists
NA.  Smooth.spline looks good, but can only do one predictor instead of
bivariate.  I've tried help.search("predict"), but couldn't find what I
needed.  Thanks.